If you are on the hunt for the best home sauna, you have come to the right place! I love the benefits of saunas, but many people think that the only way to use one affordably is to visit a spa or country club.
Most people don’t consider the fact that you can easily have an at-home sauna that is just for your personal use. You may think that at-home saunas are way out of your budget or super expensive.
In reality, finding the best home sauna for you depends on your budget and needs. There is a sauna for everyone. Ranging from very affordable to a few thousand dollars, there are a range of options. Choose between infrared saunas, steam saunas and more and change your life today!
5 Best Home Saunas For All Budgets
Best Cheap And Portable Home Sauna
If you are just starting to look for the best home sauna that is within your budget and portable, check out the SereneLife Portable Infrared Home Spa. If you are new to saunas, you may want to consider a less expensive and transportable option to get a feel for how you may like it.
The good part about the Serenelife Sauna is that it is portable and affordable, so you won’t be too worried about losing a lot of money or storing it if you end up not using it as much as you thought.
Alternatively, if you already own a sauna and love the health benefits, you can easily take this portable sauna when you travel or visit family and friends. This was our first sauna and although it isn’t a huge home sauna, it is quite useful and heats up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit! That is pretty impressive for such a small and lightweight product.
The SereneLife Portable Infrared Home Spa is perfect to help with weight loss and can help you burn up to 600 calories in just 30 minutes of proper use. It also helps release toxins from your body.
This portable home sauna comes complete with a wired remote control that can help you set your desired temperature between 0-140 degrees as well as heating panels and an infrared heated footpad.
This is one of the best home sauna options for spasms, backaches, and chronic pain and fatigue. It also comes with its own sauna chair that folds up for travel and transportation needs.
Best Home Sauna Blanket
Did you even know home sauna blankets existed? We knew about the chairs listed above but this one was known to us and we really love it! The Gizmo Supply Digital Sauna Blanket makes our list of the best home sauna options simply because of its size.
It takes up even less space than the chair listed above and you can relax and lie flat while enjoying the heat. Personally, we often enjoy lying flat while in the sauna so this makes a really great choice because you can close your eyes and just really relax.
The Gizmo Supply Digital Sauna Blanket has two different zones so you can heat your upper and lower body with different temperatures, depending on what your heat preferences are when using this home sauna.
The sauna blanket can heat between 77-158 degrees and is 5.5 feet in length by 2.7 feet in width. If you are a taller person, it may not heat up to your neck, but it will still work very well because it heats up great!
Finally, it can roll up for storage and you can easily store it in your closet or under your bed or even at work so you can easily access it for a quick relaxation session during your day. If you are looking for one of the best home saunas for beginners that is affordable, this is the perfect choice for you!
OppsDecor Portable Steam Sauna
The OppsDecor Portable Steam Sauna sets up in just 1 minute! I think that is one of the best features a home sauna can have! If it takes too long to set up, you just won’t use it!
To fully heat, this sauna takes just 5-10 minutes. That means that you can set it up and it can quickly heat up while you change and get your water and books ready to go.
It has 6 automatic timer options and a 2L capacity steam pot. It is one of the best home sauna options because it folds up small and stores well. There are even holes for your arms so you can read a book or look at your phone while the sauna is working.
Finally, the OppsDecor Portable Steam Sauna comes with a portable foldable chair that is waterproof and heatproof so you don’t have to rest one of your own chairs if you don’t want to!
Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Home Sauna
If you are looking for a visually stunning 2-person sauna, the Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Home Sauna is a great choice. It is priced competitively and is very good looking and visually appealing. It will add to any home or pool area and will blend right in.
Now, compared to the sauna tents or blankets listed above, this one is more of an investment, but it is a great choice because of the quality and materials that were used!
This is the best home sauna as far as warranties come because it comes with a whopping 7-year warranty! That is pretty impressive considering competitors warranties range from 2-3 years! If something goes wrong, just simply let the company know and they will take care of it.
The Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Home Sauna is built to last with Canadian Hemlock construction that is visually appealing as well as bronze tinted glass doors that are easy to assemble. You can pay someone to do it or you can learn how to do it yourself, depending on your needs and activity levels.
The 6 carbon heaters provide up to 141 degrees of heat and there are no reported gaps or colder spots in this sauna. Finally, there is a high-quality sound system with aux inputs so you can enjoy whichever soothing sounds you like while you relax in your home sauna.
Dynamic “Alicante” 1-2-person Bio Ceramic Far Home Sauna
The Dynamic “Alicante” 1-2-person Bio Ceramic Far Home Sauna comes complete with free shipping and easily fits between 1-2 people, depending on your comfort level and size. Personally, we prefer to go in one at a time so that we have a little more space to stretch out.
It heats up to 140 degrees and uses 4 dynamic heaters, three on the rear wall, and one under the bench. As a result, you bet the best home sauna experience with heating all around your body. It also comes with an included sound system so you can listen to relaxing music while inside the sauna.
This home sauna will be delivered curbside so you can easily pick it up and assemble. For an additional fee, you can have it assembled or delivered inside your house.
Home Sauna Health Benefits
There are so many health benefits of utilizing a home sauna. Many people know they are great for the body but don’t exactly know why! Allow us to explain a few wonderful ways that saunas can benefit the body!
- Detoxification. This is the main one and something that most people already know! Home saunas are wonderful for detoxification. Whether you are choosing the best home sauna that uses steam or infrared technology, your body will be detoxed unlike you have ever experienced before!
- Pain relief. This is a huge one! The heat from saunas are a wonderful way to relieve pain in the body. Whether you pulled a muscle, worked long hours, or have chronic back pain, saunas are a wonderful way to help relieve the pain. When you have muscle pain you either apply a hot pack or cold pack. Using a sauna at home is the same but for your entire body!
- Weight loss. Did you know that using a sauna at home can help you lose weight? In just 30 minutes you can burn up to 600 calories. Saunas are wonderful to use in combination with a workout and since they are right in your home, they are easy to set up quickly!
- Better Sleep. Using one of these best home sauna options provides for better sleep because although it may feel like you are just sitting there, your body is working. See all of the benefits listed above and consider how you feel after a workout or a long day working or shopping. You feel tired because your body has expended energy. This is a similar result after you sit in a sauna. Your body releases toxins and burns calories which may make you drowsy and provides for a much-needed sleep.
There are so many benefits to at-home saunas that we could write an entire guide on just that. Instead, we narrowed it down to just the top four. If you are interested in learning more, a quick Google search will show tons of results so you can continue to read more on all of the fantastic health benefits saunas provide to the body!
How To Use A Sauna At Home
Yes! There are proper ways to use your at-home sauna! If you do not use it correctly, you could be putting yourself at risk. At a minimum, you could finish your sauna experience and feel worse than when you went in. When choosing the best home sauna, you want to ensure that you use it correctly to reap the rewards!
- Hydrate. Before, during, and after your home sauna experience, you should be drinking plenty of water. While you are in the sauna, we highly recommend taking a bottle of water in the sauna with you. If you don’t like drinking warm water, consider an insulated bottle. You want to feel rejuvenated and this is the best way to do it!
- What to wear. You can wear anything you want. Most people wear swimsuits or go nude. You can choose to wear a towel around you with nothing underneath or go completely nude. From our experience, completely nude is the best way so that no fabric inhibits your experience. You are at home and alone so there shouldn’t be any issues going nude if you choose to! If you are sitting in a sauna chair, you may want to sit on a towel so as not to spread germs.
- How long to spend. If this is your first time, stick to a shorter time such as 10-15 minutes. You can build up to staying in the sauna for 20-30 minutes. A great way to use the sauna is to sit in it for 10 minutes then sit out in the cold air for 2-4 minutes. If the air in your house isn’t cold enough, you may want to consider quickly washing off in the shower. Then back in for 10 minutes. If you feel too hot or lightheaded, then this will allow you a more relaxing way to experience the sauna.
- How often to use the sauna. It is recommended by spas and sauna centers that you use the sauna 3-4 days a week. If you build up a tolerance to the heat and you know your body and how it reacts, feel free to use your sauna every day! You will quickly get your money’s worth out of it! If you are prone to acne, keep in mind that sometimes the heat may either help or hurt you. Watch your face and if you start to break out, reduce the use of your at-home sauna!
These rules apply to any of the home saunas on this list! We highly recommend you take them to heart and do your own research as well because proper use is the key to feeling rested and relaxed during and after your sauna experience!